About KatieMeet the Team at Your Story Matters Therapy Group
Katie Millard, LIMHP, LMHC
She/Her/Hers (learn more)
Confusing or upsetting things happen to everyone. Sometimes the emotional pain that comes with it is difficult to handle. Know that you are not alone, and help is here.
I am a Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner in the State of Nebraska with a Master of Science in Clinical Counseling from Bellevue University. I have more than 13 years of experience working in the child development and mental health field in a variety of settings, including early childhood education centers, schools, and residential and outpatient clinics.
I have experience working with children, adults and families who have experienced trauma, including youth who have problematic sexual behavior. I am trained in a number of evidence-based practices that assist me in working with families and helping them heal.
Mental health is just as important as physical health. Make time for yourself today.
Education and Licenses
Undergraduate: Bachelor of Arts in Human Services, Buena Vista University; Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Buena Vista University
Graduate: Master of Science in Clinical Counseling, Bellevue University
Licenses: Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner, State of Nebraska; Licensed Mental Health Counselor, State of Iowa
- Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP)
- Circle of Security-Parenting
- Endorsed by Lutheran Family Services’ RSafe program, which specializes in working with youth who have experienced or expressed problematic sexual behavior
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Play Therapy
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Adoption and attachment
- Behavioral issues
- Coping skills
- Domestic abuse and violence
- Family conflict
- Marital and premarital counseling
- Sexual abuse
- Stress management