About Grace LyneMeet the Team at Your Story Matters Therapy Group
Grace Lyne Brotherton, LIMHP, LMHC
She/Her/Hers (learn more)
Life can be challenging. Finding the courage to talk to someone about those challenges is the best gift you can give yourself. My hope is to be a co-pilot as you make changes in your journey to overcome the challenges that life has given you.
I am experienced in working with many life stages, including school age, adolescents, young adults, middle adults, and mature adults. My passion is working with trauma survivors of all types and addiction recovery. I am committed to creating a safe and healing space to explore and create a better understanding of your thoughts and emotions.
I am endorsed as an R-Safe provider working with children who act out sexually with other children and with child sexual abuse survivors. I am able to provide court-ordered substance abuse evaluations as a Nebraska Registered Provider for both the adolescent and adult populations with a focus on veterans who are court-involved.
I have training and experience in many evidenced-based practices, including Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). I have extensive training on the use of Sand Tray as a modality to enhance all healing stages with all stages of life. I have found that a combination of these tools can create acceptance, positive change, and overall growth.
I would be honored to co-pilot this thing we call life as you make the choice, as Abraham Maslow says, “to go back toward safety or forward toward growth.”
Education and Licenses
Undergraduate: Associate of Arts in Business Administration and Psychology, Iowa Western Community College; Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Kaplan University
Graduate: Master of Science in Clinical Counseling, Bellevue University
Licenses: Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner, State of Nebraska; Licensed Mental Health Counselor, State of Iowa
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Endorsed by Lutheran Family Services’ RSafe program, which specializes in working with youth who have experienced or expressed problematic sexual behavior
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Coping skills
- Iowa Probation – Adolescent and Adult
- Nebraska Registered Service provider – Adolescent and Adult
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Problematic sexual behavior
- Sexual abuse